The LPGA Women Who Play Championship, formerly the EWGA Championship started in 1995 and has grown to be the largest women's amateur championship in the world! And...we want the Central New Jersey Chapter to be represented!
Here's some info about it for you:
STAGES OF THE EWGA CHAMPIONSHIP
- The Chapter Championship, an 18-hole local qualifying round held at each Chapter location. The Central NJ Chapter qualifier will be held on June 30that Heron Glen, Ringoes, NJ
- The Semi-Final Championship, an 18-hole round held at 15 venues from June – August. Our division's will be held on August 18 2018 at the Cherry Creek Golf Links, Riverhead, NY
- The EWGA Championship Finals, a two-day, 36 hole event held on October 13 - 14, 2018 at Innisbrook Resort in Palm Harbor, FL
The LPGA Women Who Play Championship offers two different competitive formats: Stroke Play Competition and Inter-Chapter Team Scramble Competition. You select the competitive format that best ﬁts your game, personality and skill level.
STROKE PLAY COMPETITION
(Click here for More Information)
Stroke play competitors play in one of ﬁve ﬂights at the Chapter Championship qualifying event based upon their USGA Handicap Index.
- Championship Flight: 0.0-10.0
- First Flight: 10.1-17.0
- Second Flight: 17.1-24.0
- Third Flight: 24.1-32.0
- Fourth Flight: 32.1-40.4
TEAM SCRAMBLE COMPETITION
(Click Here for More Information)
Chapter scramble teams consist of four (4) women who meet the eligibility requirements to play in the LPGA Women Who Play Championship. The team “handicap factor” is established based on the USGA Handicap Index of all four players.
TO QUALIFY, MEMBERS MUST:
- Follow the registration guidelines distributed by your local Chapter
- Be a female, LPGA Women Who Play member in good standing*
- Have a veriﬁable USGA Handicap Index and have an equivalent of two 18-hole scores posted to your handicap record in the current year, prior to the handicap cut-off date for their respective Chapter Championship
- Be an amateur golfer as deﬁned by USGA Rules of Amateur Status
Members of all skill levels are encouraged to compete so give the Championship a try and put your game to the test! We are hoping to get a couple of scramble teams together for those who do not wish to compete in stroke play.
Registration Deadline is June 13th. Click here for a step by step guideto register or go directly to the registration page here. (you will be taken away from this site for each)